Monday, January 22, 2007

make and cementing memories

Last night at about 8pm (normally pre-bedtime rituals) as the snow had finally fallen and blanketed our little "suburbia" neighborhood, I bundled up my two boys (3 & 6) and took them outside to create a memory. We had a snowball fight then I pulled out the timeless "saucer sled". You know, the one that has caused injury for generations? With that sled and a spare piece of rope, I pulled those 2 laughing and screaming boys up and down the street. They were having a blast! This is a memory they will have forever. One of the main reasons, is because I will keep bringing it up, every so often. By reminding them of the fun we had, I am cementing it in their minds. A memory of their dad spending time with his boys.
My Father did a great job of being intentional with me and my 2 brothers and will still to this day say "Remember when.....", and I do remember, because of his efforts to cement those memories in me. So be intentional to make memories and cement memories.

No comments: