Friday, February 13, 2009

winds

2 days ago we had some big winds move through Ohio that took a big chunk of my roof with it. With a $1,000 deductible, we decided to roof it ourselves for $100. Our roof is pretty new and as I walked across it a few months before hanging Christmas lights, it all "appeared" to look great. But apparently there were some weaknesses that were exposed with high winds blowing from a certain direction. The last big storm messed up several homes in my neighborhood and not 1 shingle from our house. This time though, was a different story. This whole ordeal challenged me to look at my own life and the weaknesses I have. If a strong enough wind (temptation) blowing the in right direction (toward my greatest weakness) were to hit me just right......could I withstand it? I constantly want to realize that no one is above anything, and I want to guard my heart and mind against disaster.

1 comment:

Nightshade said...

Wind storm, ice storm and then another wind storm. Life throws many challenges at us but it can be tricky when they come in rapid succession. That can make even a repeat of a temptation we thought we had mastered have a nasty impact on our life.