Monday, February 2, 2009

people skills

I had a mentor in ministry tell me one time, that 90% of all pastors/church trouble, came from lack of people skills. I have seen a lot of that and experienced my lack at times in this area. How well we can relate, communicate, console, motivate, etc, will determine much of how successful or unsuccessful we are. Of course this is not only the case in the church, but in every facet of life. Why then if it is so important, don't we spend more time intentionally working on it. I think we can grow in this area through reading, watching other leaders interact and being intentional about what we are going to do and say, before we do it. How are your people skills and what can you do to improve them?

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

people sscccaaarrrrre me :P