Thursday, October 16, 2008

nothing

Today, I'm doing something incredibly significant, by doing nothing. My Keri is at a Ministers wives retreat, while I take the day off and stay home and play with my kids. We are staying in our pajamas all day and will wrestle and play doll house till Kaden comes home. I never want to forget, that being a dad is even more important than being a Pastor.
Tomorrow late afternoon, I head to Indianapolis with 2 buddies to get ready to run a marathon (26.2 miles) and hopefully qualify for the Boston Marathon. The qualifying time for my age group is 3hrs 10min. Which is the same pace as 8.5mph on the treadmill for 3hr and 10min. OUCH! I have not done all the training needed, but am always up for a challenge. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Pastor Josh said...

same boat here... doing nothing... sort of. I am finishing teaching a science lesson, and have made homemade applesauce, baked bread, made cinnamon rolls, and made apple-cinnamon muffins... all from scratch. Oh well...