Thursday, October 9, 2008

keep your guard up

I was thinking about a karate tournament I entered several of years ago. As the fights when on, I found myself slowly lowering my guard. There was a time or 2 that I paid for it. This week I was in a Presbyter meeting, and in that meeting there is a point where decisions about discipline are made for those ministers who have fallen morally. Those sessions break my heart. I can only imagine the pain, grief and guilt that they and their families are going through. I appreciate the grace with truth that is extended. For it is by the grace of God that any of us could fall as well. For those who have made unwise decisions, at some point, they let their guard down. The longer your guard is down, the more likely you are to be hit. Personally, I try to identify my entry level temptations. Those are the small issues, that lead big issues. I can many times choose where I fight my battles. I want to fight, where I am more in control and fighting against the issue while it is smaller, and not yet had the chance to get bigger. Is your guard up or down?

No comments: