Wednesday, October 8, 2008

real

Last Sunday we talked about hypocrisy and how we as believers need to confess when we mess up. Confession saying, "I'm trying my best to be a follower of Jesus and what I did is not who I want to be. Will you forgive me....or help hold me accountable?" I believe that is what being "authentic" is all about. Yesterday, after our Community Group meeting, I was talking with a new friend of mine who just started attending C3 a couple months ago. He shared how he was under a lot of stress and how some of his reactions today were less than Christlike. Can I just say, "this is what it means to confess and be authentic." This is how a church is supposed to function. Not wearing masks or hiding our "real lives." As his friend and pastor, I am praying for him today and will ask him some accountability questions this week. I love the fact that some of our C3'ers are starting to build close enough relationships, where we don't have to pretend.

No comments: