Wednesday, October 15, 2008

inheritance

I read a little today on spiritual inheritance that got me thinking. Why is it that no revival (move of God) has been effectively passed down to the next generation? A few years ago, I went to Azusa Street where the roots of the Pentecostal movement began in the US. It is a small tourist attraction now. It's like the baton fell somewhere, and is all we got were stories and a plaque telling us what happened here. When in all reality, their ceiling should have been our floor. My dad has done more in ministry than my grandfather, and I hope to do more than my dad, and I hope my kids do more than me for the name of Jesus. That is how "inheritance" is supposed to work. I think part of the baton being dropped, is that the following generation tries to defend what was given them, rather than taking it to the next level. If we only play defense, we can never win, and at best only tie. I believe God wants us to continue to build on the foundation that the Saints of the past have laid. My generation now, needs to work on the exchange to the next......so we don't look like the U.S. sprint relay teams in the last Olympic Games.

1 comment:

Amanda Valantine said...

good word konan...

i have been thinking about this too... i can't ever get too comfortable holding the baton or think the baton is somehow MINE...God will choose who He wants to carry the baton next and I can't be holding on som much to the baton that I am not ready to let go when it's time... just a thought..blessings!