Thursday, October 2, 2008

UnChristian

I'm currently reading UnChristian by David Kinnaman. This book will truly get you thinking about how the church is perceived, and what can be done to change the negative stereotype. He had a line that said something like,"The goal of evangelism, is the wise and careful stewardship of the image of God." Think about that. Or how about how Jesus never offended the lost, only the religious. I truly believe that we as the "church," have to make some major changes in the way we represent Christ. Personally, God continually changes my heart and thoughts to become more like His, which is my goal. But at my best, I'm still a hypocrite in transition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome yet humbling book. I am currently co-leading a home group (small group) and we are going through the entire book. An observation I have made when believers hear stats from this book is that they are more inclined to be skeptical of the methodology used to collect the data and trying to justify why the age groups are answering the way they are versus embracing the overlying message that we need to respond to. Awesome stuff!

Dave Kidd said...

ref: last line...
as are we all.