Wednesday, July 4, 2007

pulled over


Last night, my family and I were leaving a family camp where we had led worship. It was late, and while driving down a country road we were pulled over by a state trooper. The lights were flashing in the darkness as I pulled over, but i didn't feel that deep pit of despair in my gut. I felt guilt free, because I hadn't knowingly done anything wrong. The officer asked for license and registration and said I was swerving a little. He kept looking into my eyes to make sure I hadn't been drinking. He let me go with a caution. Usually when I'm pulled over, I know I have done wrong. But I love the feeling of having nothing to hide or talk my way out of.....or at least try. There is nothing better than living a guilt free life of freedom. Thanks God!

No comments: