Friday, July 6, 2007

dancing in the aisles

I led worship last night and it was the final night of the Great Family Adventure. At the end, the speaker asked me to play a few songs that deal with "heaven." Uhhhhh, I tried to think and could only come up with some "old school' one like: "When we all get to heaven", "When the saints go marchin in", and such. But the crowd went nuts! Dancing in the aisles and an old fashioned "Jericho March". It was awesome. I guess playing those old songs with my family band comes in handy. I thought it was amazing how people resonated with those songs. But don't we all? We like the style of music or preaching that we last felt closest to God with. Or we wear the clothes that we last felt cool in....no matter how old or out of style. But sometimes we all need to get back to our roots.....some Old Time Religion.....Can I get a Witness up in here!

No comments: