Tuesday, July 10, 2007

my bike


This is my new bike I just pulled out of the box and began putting it together. (I feel like Pee Wee Herman in his old movie when he had his bike....but it was stolen.....and hidden in the basement of the Alamo....or something like that.) Of course it is a European bike and the instructions were in German, but I managed to put it together. I then took it to a bike shop to get it tuned and fitted for me. I got there yesterday and the bike pro began fitting me when the seat bracket stripped out. The bike pro said he had never seen that happen on a new bike. BUMMER! But I am so glad it happened now, rather than on mile 3 of the 112 mile bike leg of my Ironman race. I am working out all the bugs on equipment and my nutrition needs to make sure I don't bonk on race day. This is the same in life. We all have areas or flaws that must be dealt with or they will come out. If they are not dealt with in private, they will come out in public and usually at the worst time. Sooo, start working the bugs out.

No comments: