Tuesday, July 3, 2007

embarrassed


I'm leading worship at a family camp this week in the evenings, of which I know a lot of people having been the former state youth director. So, I'm in the lobby when this lady walks in. She looks like another pastors wife in her late 50's, but about 40lbs lighter. Our eyes meet and we both smile, I walk up to her to give her a hug.......while doing so, I realize this is not the lady I thought it was. In fact, I have never met this lady before and here I am hugging her. The embrace ends rather rapidly and then comes the embarrassment of "I can't believe I just did that". It's in those awkward moments, that you just have to laugh at yourself. I played it off as best I could, walked around the corner, told my wife and we both laughed pretty hard. Then they introduce the guest speakers for the week and.......you guessed it, she is one of them. These little moments keep life interesting!

No comments: