Sunday, July 29, 2007

a bad day


Yesterday, I'm up on my bike to ride at 6am for the farthest workout yet in my training for the Ironman triathlon, which was a 5 hour ride. I got all my nutrition and hydration ready and jump on my bike and hear a hissing from my tire. A piece of metal is sticking out of my tire from our parking lot. I patch it and go to inflate it when it explodes. I pull out a new tube and install it, only to find that it is the wrong size. I then pull a whole rim and tire from my old bike and take off. I get 10 miles out and hear more hissing, this time from my rear wheel. On the side of the road, I patch my tube and put the tire back on, only to have my back break lock up totally. Blown away that all this is happening at once ( I have never had any problems like this for the prior 4 years) I had to take my back brake completely off. Riding back home, I have to get on a sidewalk because of the traffic, when my wheel slips off the side and I wreck. I honestly felt like quitting...forever. But I had to laugh, these are the days that make the good days even better. How much does it take to get you down? And, can you laugh at yourself.......you might as well, because everyone else is.

2 comments:

chilly said...

Dude, just think of ME training for the IronMan... now, when you're done laughing, you'll feel SO much better!

You're the man!
cc

Konan Stephens said...

thanks for the encouragement my friend.....I got on your site the other day. looks great....keep it up

Konan