Thursday, June 21, 2007

inadequate

Have you ever been there where you felt totally inadequate? Last night before I was to speak the message, for some reason I really felt totally inadequate. I'll be honest, most of the time I am usually pretty confident in who I am and what He has called me to do, but last night I really felt some anxiety. I didn't feel good about my message nor felt ready. So I'm in the back and crying out to God and I felt Him say, "when you are weak, I am strong". God did show up and the response time was awesome and a ton of kids were truly being touched by God. When I stood up to speak, I could honestly sense the presence of God on my life. It is so amazing to serve a God who is with us even when we feel inadequate. Thanks God.

2 comments:

dearabby said...

First of all, thanks for the being a vulnerable leader. Those are few and far between.
One year at Catalyst, Louie Giglio gave a talk entitled "Whatever" where he spoke about combating the voice of inadequacy by saying this short prayer: "Whatever you want God. Whatever you ask God. Whatever." I know that God has made you more than able.
Be blessed in all you do.

Konan Stephens said...

that's a good word.....also that conference is amazing!