Wednesday, June 6, 2007

cemetery day


Today for most of the day, I worked with about 60 others in our community in order to restore one of our cemeteries. It was really a cool experience. I honestly felt like we honoring those who have passed on from this life, by restoring for many in the early 1800's, there only mark of having passed from this earth. While shoveling and reseting some headstones, I had a lot of time to think about my life and what it will mean. Will anyone remember me in 200 years? What can I do know to leave a legacy that will impact lives for years to come? Really, the only thing that means anything is what I invest of me into others. My hope is that future generations will be affected because of the lives that I have touched. Will anyone remember you in 200 years?

No comments: