Thursday, June 7, 2007

im a graduate


Today, I graduate from an area leadership program called LEADS. I'm graduating 6th in my class....out of 6! Well actually there are only 6 of us, but we don't get a grade. This program was through the Chamber of Commerce here in Pickerington and lasted for about 4 months. Through this program I have had the opportunity to meet most of the City and Township officials here in our town. It culminated with that cemetery cleaning as our final class project. Being new to the area, this has been invaluable for me to connect with our city officials and to get a better feel on the pulse of Picktown. So, I'm heading to my graduation lunch now and I get to do the "invocation". I guess that is one of the perks of being the only pastor in the class. Ha! I also get the jump to the front of the line to eat, because only I know when I'm saying "amen".

No comments: