Friday, February 23, 2007

Verizon experience


CRAZY! Today I'm walking in the Verizon store just as they were opening and something very strange was going on. As I'm opening the door, the lady behind the counter looks at me with this slight panic look and waves her hands at me not to come in. I couldn't see the rest of the store, just her face and her attempt to stop me from entering. I'm thinking is the joint being robbed, hostages, bombs, what? So I stopped, didn't go in and let the door close. I'm walking quickly to my car thinking, what should I do? If I call the cops and it's nothing, I've wasted others time and maybe some embarrassment on my part. If I don't and it is something, I would regret it forever. So I called the police and watched the door for a while and then ran some other errands. I came back 45 minutes later to fine that all was well. I found out that the manager had left the front door cracked open all night and the workers showed at 10am and couldn't get the front door alarm sensors to shut off. The clerk who came in the back was stopping me from tripping the censors. Whew! But it got me thinking about my choices, how they could effect others and how they play into eternity. How many decisions have you regretted making or not making? The clarifying question for me this morning was...."What will be the right call 5 years from now?" Better safe than sorry in this case.

No comments: