Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ironman


Development or fulfillment that is the question. Or can you have both? I am currently training for an Ironman triathlon. It breaks down to a 2.4 mile swim followed by a 112 mile bike ride and finished up with a 26.2 mile run, for a total of 140.6 miles of grueling pain. I am currently developing my skills and fitness in the different areas to hopefully accomplish the goal in September. There is no way anyone should ever attempt to do something like this with out the prior development and training. But we do this in life. We want fulfillment now! We want it without work and don't wan't to invest time. Now by doing so, our level of fulfillment will never be where it could have been had we taken the time and energy to develop. In my life, I'm focusing on developing myself as a child of God, husband, father, pastor, leader and triathlete to name a few. In doing so, I am reaping some fulfillment now, but am looking forward to even greater fulfillment years down the road. Jesus said "you reap what you sow". So in what areas of your life are you developing?

No comments: