Friday, January 23, 2009

value

We make time for what we value. The other day, I'm complaining to myself how I feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do what needs to be done and still remain balanced. It is a constant struggle for me. But as I thought about it, I realize that I make time for what I value. Even when I say "yes" to things I've been asked to do, but shouldn't have taken on. I broke that down: I didn't want to say "no" (I would enjoy it) but really didn't have the time. In essence I said, "I value not hurting your feelings or letting you down," more than I value everything else on my plate, including my family! Ouch...yeah it hurt, but it was true. For me, I'm a sucker for "opportunities," and must not put their value ahead of what is truly important. Am I alone in this?

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Are you alone in this? Are you kidding? NO!

Your post is very true and timely. My wife and I were just talking about how we make time for the things we value.

I'm glad God blessed me with the wife he did. Without her to reign me in a bit, I'd probably run myself into the ground and an early grave.

I'm still learning how to say that one little word. N-N-N-N-N-No!

Konan Stephens said...

so small....but hard to say!