Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the loss


Last nights Buckeyes loss to Texas was devastating to all OSU fans. So close, yet so far away. Here is my take:
- Tressel coached as well as he could have.
He had a young QB that couldn't throw an accurate pass to save his life and receivers that (except for 1 catch) are less than stellar. AND our best running back got hurt and did not come back in. I know coach Jim Tressel will get all the heat, but I give him props for taking a less talented team (this year) and almost winning against the team that should've been in the National Championship Game.
- It all hinged on 1 play.
I hate when a big game comes down to a judgement call. I know Tressel challenged the play and in order to reverse any play, there has to be irrefutable evidence going the other way. I watched the replay and it was so close, I don't think it could have been changed whichever way the original call went. So had the referee marked the ball back 6 inches, the replay could not have changed the call on the field.
- It was the best game of all the big bowl games so far, that is for sure.
ADD moment...there is a little girl here in the coffee shop with her dad...and her pants are on backwards...way to go DAD! (I've been there too)

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

lol, Kaitlin had her pants on backwards last week.