Wednesday, January 28, 2009

driving home

Last night, we left a little early from the Kalahari Water Park, where the ministers retreat was held. The roads were pretty rough, at least what I could see of them. Between the sliding, the windshield icing and big trucks passing very close and flinging blinding snow on our van, it was a little stressful. I found myself several time holding on to the steering wheel way to tight. I wasn't able to sit back and relax like normal. In life, I can deal with stress as it comes and goes, but I sure wouldn't want to live in high stress continually. I think we all need some stress, but too much of it can take the fun out of life.

1 comment:

Chris Smith said...

I know exactly how you felt, I drove in conditions like that after my interview at Capital City during the blizzard of 2004, it took me 6 hours to get back to Indy which normally takes 2 hours and 30 minutes. I was so stressed my shoulders were sore when I finally got out the car, it stunk!