Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thought

In my devo's this morning I came across the quote, "Because you love me, You never show me the future or tell me how things will turn out." Personally, I wish God would show me the "hows, whats and whys," but He doesn't. Honestly, if I knew the end result, I would would probably cut corners and miss some of the things God was wanting to do IN me. Really, life is less about the destination and more about the journey. The reason being, we spend the majority of our time on the journey. In that journey our faith is tested and tried and trust must be formed. It's in those times that God is preparing us for something and He is more concerned about what happens IN us than TO us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Along those same lines I came across this statement in a book I was reading - "Trials are not things God does to us, but for us." That was so good I had to write it in my journal.

Dave Kidd said...

1 Peter 1:7

chilly said...

man, such a great, simple, cool truth! thanks Konan!