Tuesday, January 13, 2009

guard it

It has been incredible watching C3 grow and mature as a church. Being a Pastors kid growing up, I have witnessed many churches in their maturing process. One thing I never want to lose is our innocence and authenticity. It's amazing how honest my little 3 year old is about everything. Some would say, it's because she doesn't know any better. I see their point...somewhat. But what if a growing church could keep it "real." I mean that they never lose transparency, never lose their focus about what a "church" is supposed to "do" and more importantly "be." I so much want to guard against losing C3's innocence. Does every church have to have divisions at some point? I really feel if the staff and leaders will stay hungry and transparent, it will be felt by all. To do this the "main thing" must stay the main thing (souls coming to Christ). If we as a church keep our eyes focused on reaching those who don't know Christ and never let the politics of church as usual creep in, we have a chance. May the Lord, guard our innocence and protect our unity!

No comments: