Saturday, January 17, 2009

car salesmen


Today, Keri and I went to test drive some mini-vans. Poor Kali was transported (in her car seat) into several vans as we took them for a spin. We are doing all our homework for a purchase we will make in the next couple months. Anyway, I could easily pick out the best salesmen. They were the one's who very quickly would figure out what were the selling points in our minds and who they were really selling to. In our case, they usually started with me, but soon realized this would be my Keri's van and soon changed their approach and attention to her. So much in life is about "people skills." Whether you are selling a car, or anything else in life where you interface with people.....you have to work on your people skills...to pay the bills....and if you're really good....make the mills! ha...Ok...I'm done.

1 comment:

Nightshade said...

Sadly in my line of work good products do not get sold/installed because the saleman cannot make that switch from pitching the product to an IT guy to the end user. In marketing they call it "knowing your target market". Speak to the needs of the customer and how the product impacts their life and you can make the sale.

Hmmmm... I wonder if that would make church relevant to people?