Thursday, January 22, 2009

30 degrees is warm

It's funny when 30 degrees feels warm. Having been so cold so long, it's amazing how we adapt to our environment. I remember in December telling someone I ran a race in 18 degrees! I feel like a sissy, seeing that would be warm now. How conditioned have we become by our environments, culture, jobs, routines etc? Are you doing anything now, that if you would have told yourself a year ago that you would be doing, you wouldn't believe it? I think it goes both ways. I have met those who surrounded themselves with achievers and a positive environment that helped pull them upward. I have also met those in a depressing job or situation that drags them down. It usually happens so slow that they don't realize it. Like "the frog in the kettle." The water gets hot so slow they don't realize it and eventually are cooked. What environment are you in? How's it working for you?
BTW - We are still discussing our building situation....but are getting closer to a decision.

No comments: