Friday, March 23, 2007

worship


Today I worshipped God, but not in a way that you would expect. This morning oldest headed off to kindergarten and my Keri took Kali to the doctor while I stayed home with my 3 year old boy Kross for a couple of hours. I find that I usually don't get to spend that much time with only one kid seeing we have 3, so this was a special occasion. We played "daddy monster", nintendo, army men, indoor paintball (no real guns of course) and had a blast. That little guy had his dad's FULL attention. Usually during this morning time I am in the sanctuary of C3 praying and worshipping God. But then I felt God say, "this is your act of worship". When I'm loving my family, I'm fulfilling my role as a godly father (or at least doing my best) this is my act of worship. The Bible says in Colossians 3:17, "Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord." What daily times of worship have you overlooked or taken for granted?

No comments: