Thursday, March 8, 2007

firehouse


I spent this morning in "LEADS". I'm not sure exactly what the letters stand for, but it is a leadership program here in my town where I get to meet and sit under some teaching of the leaders in our community. Decent teaching but the fact that I am getting to know the leaders in my community is priceless. This morning I was in a firehouse learning how it all works and how they structure their organization. It's funny how I can hear someone talk on one thing and it sends me thinking on a new idea in a different direction. Maybe it's my ADD. I don't know. While I'm talking ADD, we are pumped to launch a second Sunday morning service on March 25th. Our team leaders are busy building their teams and plugging people in. Also, the 10,000 EGGstravaganza easter egg hunt and picture with the Easter Bunny (actually it's Dave Stewart). Back to the firehouse.....I learned when they get the call, they are in the truck ready within 1 minute. Pretty cool huh....
That's it, I'm getting on a plane in a couple of hours to go to Florida to perform a wedding for my best friend growing up. I hope to put up pics soon....