Thursday, March 1, 2007

the hill of ice


We got this killer hill on our church property where literally hundreds of kids and parents will come when school is out becuase of a snow day. I took my boys a couple times and they think it's the greatest thing since the invention of the gameboy. But the last time we went, the hill was packed smooth and then it warmed slighty, rained and then froze to solid ice. It was FAST! But the hard part was walking back up the hill with out falling. It was literally all I could do to stand up. My 3 yr old Kross, didn't want me to hold on to his jacket at first, but after some hard slips he wanted his dad's grip on his jacket. Now he still fell, but not near as hard because His dad would catch him. This is so us as God's children! We want to do it on our own, but then we fall really hard and realize how bad it hurts. When we allow our Father to help us, we still may fall but He is there to help us get up and we usually don't hit as hard. Personally, I'm not going up the slippery hill of life without my Heavenly Dad.

No comments: