Friday, December 8, 2006

Picture with Santa

It was that time again to bring the kids to the ever crowded mall, to get a picture with a heavy gentleman wearing a red suit and sweating profusely. I tried to snap my own picture for my blog, but was brought down by 4 elves and with my arm behind my back, forced to drop a $20 bill in order to get out of there alive! Just Kidding of course.....well.....kind of. My oldest boy Kaden had practiced saying what he wanted for Christmas a 100x's but when the moment of truth came, it took him at least 10 seconds to recall "Bow and arrow". To which this Santa said "You'll shoot your eye out kid". OK, I added the last part! As for Kross, he replied, Sucker! Which he saw in Santa's hand and walked out happy with it in his mouth. Our little girl Kali, just screamed the whole time. But it was a great experience to be a part of something and someone that my kids so much believe in. Jesus talked about that childlike faith. I was challenged to ask myself, "What do I believe in, really?" And how far am I willing to go with those beliefs? Are they beliefs that are just nice things to say, or are they deep convictions that I build my life on? HO HO HO!

No comments: