Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fear of the unknown

We just got back from our Christmas vacation last night at 1:30am. 3 kids, 1 minivan, 12 hours....need I say more? We had a good time seeing Keri's family and eating alot of food....and Blue Bell mint chocolate chip ice cream....smothered in chocolate syrup. I literally gained 2-3 pounds! Now I am a whopping 103...Ha! Anyway, we stayed with Keri's grandmother, who has a big house where me and the boys played with our new light sabers (Keri even got me one!) I would hide and they would walk slowly down the hallways and I would jump out of closets, doors, and around corners and "scare the mess" out of them. (Alabama term I picked up) The look of fear on their faces and the screams of panic was priceless. But they kept coming back for more. My oldest would make his little brother go first as they tried to find "Daddy Darth Vader".
I think there is a part in us that needs to live with some uncertainty. Without some fear, risk or uncertainty, we become bland and stale. What are some areas that you need to risk in? What have you been putting off, because of fear? Go ahead, grab your light saber, your little brother and take a trip down that hallway. I dare you!

No comments: