Monday, December 11, 2006

"Shakolade"


Our staff went to a marraige seminar this past week (Gary and Deni were gettting the car) when we stopped in for some serious and I mean serious hot chocolate. This little store in downtown Columbus "Shakolade" (I think that's what it's called) has the richest ever. It"s as if they melt a candybar with a teaspoon of milk and serve it up! We all ordered the $14 dollar dixi cup small (slightly exaggerated of course) and really that is about all that we could handle. That stuff is so rich, I had to drink my Keri's as well. (Bummer, I know) But by the time I was close to finishing my 2nd cup, I really didn't want it, nor want to waste it either, so I quickly chugged it to get it down. Almost like I was taking it for granted. Life is kind of that way as well. Sometimes some of the greatest things in life can become routine and boring. This is where we begin to take for granted and lose the joy that was once there. Personally, I want to guard against this in my own life, by slowing down and being grateful for what God has blessed me with. What has God blessed you with, whether people, possessions, or great hot chocolate that you perhaps are taking for granted?

No comments: