Friday, December 15, 2006

ministering with my boy


Last night several from our church went to a nearby nursing home to pass out flowers and sing Christmas carols. There were several children that came with parents, one of which was my boy Kaden (middle boy in pic). As parents we didn't know how they would do, whether they would be shy, scared, etc. But they did amazing! It is always great to show the love of Christ in tangible ways. Several of the people there said how much it meant to them. I got into some great talks with Kaden at bedtime last night, explaining how he showed the love of Jesus tonight. He thought that was pretty cool. I am working hard at not only modeling how a follower of Christ should live, but also trying to create opportunities for my kids to begin now to live out what they are coming to believe.

No comments: