Friday, December 28, 2007

pick something up


Yesterday, my son Kaden (6yrs) tripped and hurt himself. When I asked if he was alright, he said "I meant to do that." I had a good laugh and began to think about how we are the same way. As soon as we fall down, we try to get back up as fast as we can before anyone sees us. Maxwell says "when you're down there, you might as well pick something up." I try my best now, when I make a mistake, to learn something from the mistake so as not to repeat it. If I try and fail, I don't look at it as failure as much as, I learned something that didn't work....at least at that time and in that way. Also, when you are laying on your face flat on the ground, you tend to see details and angles you don't get to see all the time. So when you fall, (key word WHEN), pick something up.

No comments: