Friday, December 7, 2007

outside eyes

Yesterday, Gary and I had lunch with the Boss man, Doug Clay. He is an incredible leader and idea man. We were asking him a ton of questions and he gave us some great solutions, many of which were right under our noses. I think it's funny how when you are in the middle of something, it's very hard to see some things that may be obvious to an outside pair of eyes. One of the questions we try to ask ourselves is, "What advice would we give ourselves in this situation?" Personally, I feel I need to take some outside speaking engagements where I travel out of Pickerington. It helps me step back from our situation and see it with a different set of eyes, as well as get to rub shoulders with some sharp people outside my normal circles. It also gives me a chance to dream and pray for clear vision and direction and I always come back recharged. Do you need a fresh set of eyes to look at your current situation, or perhaps you need to step away for a few days to recharge and think about direction?

2 comments:

chilly said...

like young Luke Skywalker turning to Master Yoda for training... far beyond the obvious!

Konan Stephens said...

nice....