Tuesday, December 11, 2007

love


Love. We all want it, need it and many times will do crazy things in order to get someone to love us. I think it's crazy that the more you love someone, the greater capacity you have to hate them. The more you love someone, the greater their ability to hurt you. Have you ever noticed that the one who cares the least about the relationship, is the one who controls it. Some, even withhold their love to manipulate others to get what they want. It's a crazy thing this love. I'm so glad that Christ modeled perfectly what love is and should be. From the crib to the cross and everything in between.

3 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

One of the things that I have couples do in counseling sessions with me is, individually, write out 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 from The Message, onto 3x5 index cards. The "rule" is if you can say or do it without violating these characteristics of love then it's OK. If not, don't say it and don't do it.

It's a tall order but it does make us think.

Konan Stephens said...

good word...I may steal that......I mean long term borrow.

Dave Kidd said...

ha, it's not mine it's God's word to all of us. So, um, borrow away!