Monday, December 10, 2007

life is messy

Today, I spent the day at home for my day off. Interacting with my kids really got me thinking how life is not "nice and neat." In other words, we can't control others emotions, problems and some of the crazy situations we find ourselves in. This afternoon, while in this process of raising my kids, I had to deal with a "fit throwing" issue. I can remember as a teenager saying "my kid will never act like that." Keri and I have blessed with great kids ....hyper yes, but rebellious, usually no. We do on other hand find ourselves on a daily basis disciplining our kids, and still we have had a few occasions where our kid, was "that kid." In the moment it didn't matter how many spankings, threats, bribes with candy......at that time, it just wasn't going to happen. Life can just plain be messy. But really, that's what makes life....LIFE! As I talked about this week at C3, this journey of life is all about the process. I have begun to look at all the crazy, messy situations I find my self in, as challenges.

2 comments:

Noah said...

Good Thoughts, Man! As a new Dad, I am trying to get ready for all the stuff that is coming my way that I said "I would never put up with." HA! The joke's on me. Peace to you and your family. (You may or may not remember me from Valley Forge Christian College.)

Konan Stephens said...

cool bro...You are in for some incredible adventures as a dad. Take them in stride and watch God shape you in the process.