Monday, December 31, 2007

best question ever


Yesterday, I spoke on the "best question ever". I got some great material from Andy Stanley's book of the same title. The question is, "What is the wise thing for me to do? Since we are all unique, the answer changes with each individual. We looked at 3 different angles to the question.
1. In light of my past experiences, what is the wise thing for me to do?
- Things you have struggled with in the past, may make something unwise for you....and not for someone else.
2. In light of my current circumstances, what is the wise thing for me to do?
- Don't make decisions or react when your emotions are running high.
3. In light of my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do?
- Be aware to make decisions on how they will affect you and your future dreams.

This question is gold. I know I use it on a regular basis. It even goes beyond right or wrong. Just because something is not wrong, doesn't make it wise for me to do. Ex. Eating a candy bar is not wrong, but eating 50 of them right before bedtime is not wise. This question is a great filter for life.

No comments: