Wednesday, September 19, 2007

physical

Today, my insurance company is sending out a nurse to the church to draw blood, check blood pressure, etc. They want to see if I'm in good enough shape to insure me and give me an life insurance policy. The funny thing is that according to their computer numbers, I am not in the highest category for health. 6ft 3inches, 160lbs is considered not healthy. I tried to tell them that I was training for an Ironman triathlon and that I am in great shape, but they wouldn't budge. I have to pay $6 more every couple months because of it. I finally just had to laugh about it. My Keri gives me a hard time because she is in a higher health bracket than me. Anyway, perhaps today I can change their minds. --- In the middle of this blog the nurse came in. She was an incredible lady and everything went well. I got to hear a little of her story and she said that her and her husband may show up this Sunday. It is amazing to see how God sets different divine appointments.

3 comments:

Pastor Josh said...

That is funny... The "ironman" considered to be out of shape... if you are "out of shape" that I can't even think about what they say for me... maybe they have a distinction called; elephant or hippo...

Dave Kidd said...

I couldn't think about trying to do something like that, at least not at this time. One thing that struck me, is your vision and your determination. That is evident in many aspects of your life. From what God is doing in your church, your life and your ministry!

You inspired me today!

Blessings!

Konan Stephens said...

thanks man. I truly believe that our experiences shape who we are, so I have tried to be intentional about planning some of my experiences.