Tuesday, May 1, 2007

scuffed


Training for my Ironman triathlon in September, I am putting some serious miles on my shoes. My old pair had to be retired yesterday and my new one's were pulled from their box. There is nothing like having NEW stuff. So I'm driving and I put my new kicks on and step out of the car to show them off to Gary, when I notice this black line scuff on the front. How devastating! I mean I try to see how long I can go before getting them dirty and WHAMO!....scuffed already! It's like the first scratch on your car, it hurts. But then I got thinking about how this is just life. Things get old and worn and everything materialistic is only temporary. Isn't it amazing how much energy we put into our stuff? I'm all about taking care of what God has given me, but I'm trying to put more of my attention on things that are important. My family, friends, church and most importantly my walk with Jesus. So bring on the scuffs!

No comments: