Friday, May 25, 2007

Overtraining


Tomorrow I have a race. 3.1mile run - 15.7 mile bike - 3.1 mile run. After a tough day yesterday in training, I took today off. I slept for 8.5 hours. So much I was actually sore..ha! Anyway, I want to race on fresh legs and I'm feeling good today. I know my weakness is to overtrain. Too much high mileage/intesity can be a bad thing. I love to work hard, but too much of a good thing can be devastating. How about in life? We run at this crazy pace and we start becoming less and less effective. Why is it so hard for me/us to take a day off? God has created us to work in cycles. Look at seasons, day and night, weeks, etc. God Himself even took some time to rest on the 7th day of creation. Soooo, don't overtrain in the race of life.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

so... how did you do in the race?

Konan Stephens said...

Thanks for asking...I placed 3rd overall. Not too bad. I was actually leading through the first run and into a couple of miles on the bike. I ride a classic 1980's special that is no match for these bikes they are now riding that cost more than my car....ha! But it was fun.