Thursday, May 24, 2007

Off Day

Have you ever had one, a day when you just weren't up to par? A time where you just couldn't shoot the ball, think as quick or operate as you normally could? This morning was one of those days for me. I'm in the gym cranking out another Ironman triathlon workout and it just isn't there. My legs are sore and feel like lead and my arms are exhausted in the pool. I tried a few times to push through, but finally just went to the hot tub. With a smaller race in 2 days, I would probably do more damage than good. This was my first "off day" in 6 months.
I don't know about you, but it is good to know that everyone has "off days", including professionals, politicians, movie stars, etc. I guess the real question is how fast will we rebound from it, and will we let it ruin our day, week, year or life? It's days like today where we all realize that we are human and fragile. I'm glad to know that I serve a God who doesn't have an "off day". I mean if He did........we would all be in big trouble.

No comments: