Thursday, September 24, 2009

Risk


You can't risk without failing. It's gonna happen and realistically, it probably should. I had a visionary leader I served under say this to me, "If your not failing on occasion, I'm going to doubt that your really giving it your all." Truly, if I don't fail every now and then, I'm playing way too conservatively (like the Buckeyes in the USC game...ha...ouch..."sobbing loudly") If I'm not risking enough to fail, then do I really have faith. Faith that trusts God's Word and His voice, that if He don't show up we are bound to fail. Can you imagine if we lived our lives in such a way that God HAD to show up or we would fail? Instead of being comfortable attempting stuff that we could pull off on our own, we step out into uncharted water, where ONLY GOD could get the credit if it were pulled off! That's where I want to live....in the realm called "Faith" by some and "pipe dream" by others!

1 comment:

tom golden said...

thanks dude, helps a lot today!