Friday, September 4, 2009

building the walls


Our executive team had a good 2 days hammering out job descriptions, obstacles and opportunities. I think we made some good headway.
Today, I got back in the office to see the full concrete pad has been poured and the crane is here and moving the walls in place. The walls should be completely done today and then the trusses. Midwest church construction is moving very quickly. Last night I heard a statistic that the average pastor only stays 18 months after a building project is completed. This is usually due to the stress level that burns them out. My Keri asked if I was feeling stressed about ours and I said
'No, not at all." A big part of that is due to one of our ELT (Executive Leadership Team) members Hope, who is doing an amazing job as the project manager on our end. She does this sort of thing for a living and is doing 10x's better than I could have ever dreamed of doing. I am a firm believer in a TEAM, and Hope is a "10" in this role.

No comments: