Friday, September 18, 2009

like

Like attracts like - I think it is fascinating to me how we attract people who are like ourselves. It's funny how you put a group a people in a room and before long they have found others like themselves. Whether it's all the negative or positive people have gotten together or all the strong personalities have congregated. In leadership we have to be careful that we don't just surround ourselves with people who are like us. A team full of Tom Brady like QB's, would lose every game without an offensive line. He may be an incredible quarterback, but he needs a different kind of people around him to be most effective.
Like charges like - Today, I met with a friend who charged me up spiritually. We may be different in many ways, but when it comes to passion and hunger for God, we are very alike. Just hearing him talk about his journey with Jesus and feeling his hunger for more, charged me up. It's amazing when I'm around others who are passionate visionaries or in love with Jesus, I feed off that. Why? Because like charges like.

No comments: