Friday, September 11, 2009

carrying weight

I have learned that in life and ministry, I am forced to carry extra weight. It could be counseling others, the demands of life, others negative comments, leading a church, spiritual attacks, you name it, many of us have had extra weight placed on us. I think the key is HOW we carry it. I remember getting my first "rolling luggage." It's amazing how much those wheels helped. I was carrying the same amount of weight, it just felt easier. It's tough at times not to take the weight home with me. For me, God's strength is like the wheels on my luggage. As long as I'm placing the weight on HIM, HE allows me to move the weight with ease. Really when you think about it, most of the burdens we carry have been taken of by Christ Jesus. So, what are you carrying.....and how are you carrying it?

1 comment:

Staci said...

Needed that today -- what a good reminder to put our burdens and things we carry fully on God's wheels! He makes things light and helps us travel this journey called life with ease. Thanks!