Wednesday, March 18, 2009

need

Last night my 5 year old was praying for all the poor kids in the world. In his mind he was praying for the "big" things he thought they might need. This list covered everything from a Wii to Batman videos. As I sat there and listened, I thought about how much "stuff" we have, that we think we really need. Personally, I remember asking a person in a 3rd world country what they would really like to have.....the response......a bath towel. That was a luxury item to them. I don't know where I'm going with all this except to say, it never ceases to amaze me of all the stuff we complain about (myself included). In a couple weeks I'll be in a orphanage in Jamaica seeing poverty again....face to face. We all need a refresher now and then of just how much we really have.

No comments: