Wednesday, March 11, 2009

loss

Today, we got the message that our neighbor had passed away. She was in her 30's and had no health problems up until a couple weeks ago when she began to get dizzy and went to get checked out. That's when she learned of a inoperable mass on her brain. Betsy then went into a coma and a couple days later passed away. It all happened so fast, to someone so young. She was an incredibly giving person. Betsy was an elementary school teacher for Columbus City Schools. She had a huge heart and our kids loved her and her little dogs. The world has lost someone who gave of themselves to make it a better place. Keri and I are still kind of numb that all this has happened and so fast. I wish I had more answers. Sometimes all we can do is just pray to the one who does have them. Her life influenced many and causes me to take a fresh look at my own and to make sure I keep my priorities straight. She will be remembered by the Stephens family as the incredible person that she was.

No comments: