Monday, March 23, 2009

actions

Keri and I have been praying about what we should do with our old van. We could sell it and put the money toward our new van or our churches new building fund. We decided to just give it away. We prayed about who to give it to, when someone shot us an email of a bigger family needing one. They have to take 2 smaller cars wherever they go because they can't all fit. They were looking to find one for real cheap. I talked to the guy on the phone today and he couldn't understand why we are just "giving" it away. That opened the door for me to share that "followers of Christ" are generous people who live differently. God blessed us with a newer van and now we want to bless someone else. He was so grateful and didn't know what to say....but "thank-you, you have no idea what this means."

I love it when we live out our faith and it goes against culture. People can't hardly understand it but, this is the life that God has called us to. A life of an abundance mentality, rather than a scarcity mentality. Just like I spoke on Sunday, we reap....what we sow!

1 comment:

kimba said...

Hey! Did you look at my sermon notes???? I LOVE it when the Spirit works that way...we serve a great great AWESOME God!