Wednesday, December 17, 2008

rough edges

I really feel like God is once again taking some more rough edges off of my life. He is shining the light on areas of my life that I really didn't think I struggled with, but when I dig deeper, I realize the motive is wrong. For me, I'm really good at camouflaging motives or negativity with positive words. I didn't even realize I struggled with this until God revealed it to me. So, I'm on the treadmill this morning listening to a podcast and almost in tears. I even had to shut off ESPN, so you know it's serious. I prayed through and confessed it to God (all while running) Then I came back and asked my true friend Gary Fowler to hold me accountable, if he ever sees or hears this. I just want nothing more than to have a totally pure heart before God. I have a long way to go, but I serve a big God and am always up for a challenge.........confession purifies the soul!

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Great Post! I can relate to rough edges - I have many... As I grow in God, I, too, see things in my life that really need to change.