Thursday, December 4, 2008

God of this City

For our b-day our theme is "God of this City," which is based off the song by Chris Tomlin. There is no doubt in my mind that greater things are yet to come and still be done in our city. God has birthed C3 to make a "dent" in East Columbus for the cause of Jesus Christ. I'm excited to challenge our C3'ers to lead the way. Before God can be God of our city.....He must be God in us. We are a chosen instrument to reveal God's hope, mercy, grace and power. It's sad, but the church today has sanitized the message of Jesus Christ. We have made it safe, easy and secure. I believe God is calling us to a life of adventure and fearlessness. God is more concerned with our contribution than our comfort, our significance than our safety. Jesus said "follow me," and then He went and gave His life on a cross. If God is going to be God of my city, then it has to start with God being the God of me!
Yeah....I'm a little fired up! God stirred my heart in my prayer time this morning.....keep stirring Jesus, I hunger for more!

No comments: